09 May, 2012

Home a week

Gosh, I've been home an entire week already!  I think that day I was sick really messed up my timing.  Besides missing an entire day and more, because I slept for those 24 hours I haven't been completely able to get over the jet lag.  However, it's not such a bad thing on this side, as I've said before.  I wake up at 4, sure, but I am able to get back to sleep and I'm refreshed and ready to go at 6:30.  This morning I had to employ the pillow sandwich method to get back to sleep because the birds were very loud.

I had another great run yesterday.  There were some trees planted last fall and now they're in bloom and I see they are dogwoods, white ones.  They're still quite small, of course, but in a few years it's going to be just fabulous along that stretch of the trail.  On the water side the trees and on the street side the entire bank is planted with lupines, which are blooming now.  The trees will help keep the trail shaded.  Sometimes in the summer that portion of it is blazing hot.

I was a lazy girl last night and didn't pick up the Mirasol again.  I've brought it in to noon knitting and I'll have support for when I take out that portion for the second time, so if I mess up I'll be right where the help is.  Once I make sure that I'm on the right track as far as fixing the problem, I should be able to finish this in a week or so.  And I brought my cashmere cardigan in for show and tell, and to get its proper ooo-ing and ahh-ing.

I had to drive in today because I've got a dentist appointment and I noticed how dirty my car is.  I have GOT to get it washed this weekend.  The birds really got to it where it was parked for those two weeks.  And the pollen from the trees where I park.  It's a mess.  That makes for a busy weekend coming up.  Something is going to have to give.  Will it be closet cleaning or the driving range?  hmmmm .....

No comments: