01 May, 2012

My last full day in Paris

Okay, another post without paragraphs. It is Tuesday evening and Emma and I are at the Green Linnet yet again for a drink or two before dinner. We are going to have a nice dinner tonight in the Marais, just the two of us. Last. Ight we had dinner with Joan, which was challenging. The highlight of the night for me was the lovey bottle of champagne o brought and watching the Eiffel Tower sparkle from the living room. We stayed long enough to be polite. And then since Emma couldn't eat most of the dinner we went in search of food and got in late. The pigeons are relentless thugh and they were hard at it bright and early. The sun was shining and it was warm. Emma had decided that we were going to cover some touristy things we haven't seen for a long time, so today we headed up to Montmartre to see Sacre Coeur. Oh but it was beyond packed, and so we headed into the square, which was a huge mass of sow moving humanity. Ick. We headed out and I stopped into a beautiful little shop and found a pretty scarf with tassels for myself. We we're going to stop at the BHV because I wanted some new kitchen towels and some lavender salad oil, but it was closed today. In fact everything was closed for May 1. Poor Emma, she was looking forward to some shopping this time. She will be able to go tomorrow after I head to the airport. We stopped in the sun for a drink before heading back to clean up and one of our old friends happened to walk by, which was a nice coincidence. I am getting hungry now and Emma is looking up restaurants. I want duck! Back to reality tomorrow. But there is a nice evening to look forward to still.

No comments: