17 May, 2012

The ignorance of the masses

This probably isn't very nice but it's too hilarious not to share.  I was playing DrawSomething and it was my turn to guess.  First of all the person drawing wrote on the screen "some kind of fighting chicken", then erased that and drew what looked like a bull.  We are also given letters so that you can have something to work with if the picture makes no sense.  Well I shuffled and re-shuffled those letters and couldn't come up with anything having to do with fighting OR chickens.  Guess what the word was .... DIABLO.   Diablo!!!  Fighting chicken??? Where did that come from?  I can't stop laughing .... good heavens.

It's cooler today and cloudy.  Since I still haven't done any laundry I am left with my skirt to run in today.  It might be bit chilly to start out but as long  as it's not pouring rain I should be okay.  The two days of rest have done my knee good and I am looking forward to a good run.

I was hoping to be able to start the name changing process this morning.  I am waiting for my official divorce decree, which should have been in yesterday's mail but wasn't.  Maybe today.  When I get that I have to go downtown to first change my name on my driver's license, then to the Social Security office for a new card, and then I can change my  name here at work and get a new passport.  I want to get that going ASAP.  I don't like being without a valid passport.  You just never know when you're going to need it.  I don't like being stuck.  Then I guess I should make a list of all my other things to change - credit cards and insurance and utility bills.  But first things first - I need that official copy!  There used to be a Department of Licensing very near where I live now, but it is used only for driving tests.  If you want to change your name it means going downtown during working hours.  Not very convenient.

I got good feedback at noon knitting and we all agreed that I can do a 3 needle bind off on the shoulders and not impact the integrity of the design in a negative way.  So I got going on the back.  I didn't get much done last night.  The evening got away from me and before I knew it it was 8 o'clock and I still hadn't even started thinking about dinner.  That's too late to start cooking anything like a real meal,  so I ended up with a bowl of cereal for dinner.  I suppose it could have been worse.  I've been in a very weird mood lately.   At least I've been sleeping well.  I am rested and restless.

No comments: