02 October, 2012

I did it!

This is my third year playing fantasy football and this is the first time I have been on top.  Granted, we are only ten this year, but still!  It feels pretty darned great.  The Bears defense got me 23 points last night.  I didn't need them, but it's nice to have a bigger than a few tenths margin. 

I ran yesterday for the first time in three weeks and it was not bad at all.  I was afraid it was going to hurt but it didn't.  I even had gas in the tank at the end of the run.  I didn't want to push it and I guess I could have pushed it a bit more.  Maybe this year I'll be able to actually run in the Dawg Dash.  It's one of those runs that I have signed up for in the past and then not been able to make it due to injury or illness.  This may be my year.

And then I discovered Fitness Television.  I was getting tired of my Wii workouts and the other workout games I had and as I was searching around came upon the Xfinity OnDemand Fitness channel.  There are tons and tons of workouts there.  I did a dance one that was really good and it kept my interest.  So after running and doing a 40 minutes cardio routine I was beat last night.  I had a little dinner and knit some and then turned in early.  I was going to read but instead just played with my iPad until I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer.  I woke up a bit late, but I feel wonderful, so all is well.

Yesterday I also started making concrete plans for my November trip.  Once I get a couple more details ironed out I can get my ticket.  It's going to be low key, although I will be covering some ground.  I'll start in London for a night, then train to Paris for a couple of days, then on to Luxembourg for the weekend and a few more days, then finish up with another night or two in London.  Maybe I can even get some Christmas shopping done.  I'd like to go to Trier again.

It's cloudy today.  More like seasonal weather.  But it's not going to last.  More sunshine on the way.  Ahhhh ... Indian summer.

No comments: