19 October, 2012

Some people

Some people are just plain difficult to work with.  Those people who can't seem to have a simple working relationship with anyone.  I am cursed to have not one but two of those people in my life, both autumn and winter quarters.  So I am practicing staying calm, cool and polite.  I tend toward sarcasm and it is oh so difficult now and again to keep those comments off my lips.  This one this quarter sends off a barrage of emails, one after the other, usually ending up with her figuring out the answer to her oh so important question.  Most of the time her questions and concerns would be non issues if she would just look at the web site or take a second to think the things through.  But for her everything is a BIG problem.  For example, she came storming into my office yesterday afternoon, waving a piece of paper.  "Shelley, we have a BIG problem!  The schedule on the web site doesn't match my schedule for the students!!"  She's practically hyperventilating.  "Really?", I say because I know it's not true and if she had taken a second to open her laptop to look at the web site she would have seen that.  But she hovers over my shoulder and we look at the web site.  Ah!  Okay - a typo.  "Oh, I see there's a typo here.  That should read 'Muscle' and not 'Blood'.  There, it's fixed.  What else?"  "Well, I don't know".  So we went through her schedule and of course there was nothing.  She hadn't even looked, but expected that there was a huge disaster.    The students are smart enough to know if it says they are being quizzed on a subject that won't be covered for another week that it's a typo.  But there you go.  Thank goodness, it's Friday.

And pouring rain.  The clouds came in last night and by seven o'clock it was bucketing down.  I took a break from the game and took Tink out and we both came back soaked, although I had my raincoat on.  The game was disappointing.  We lost.  Plus I had one of the Seahawks on my fantasy squad because three of my best guys are on bye weeks and he dropped the ball 3 times!  Arghghg!  I think I'm going to lose my fantasy matchup this week. 

I was very disappointed in my run yesterday.  I hope I do better today because Sunday is the race.  I had lots of protein for dinner last night so I am guessing I will be stronger at lunchtime today.  And it's very moist air that I'll be breathing, which is good.

The neck warmer is coming right along.  I am half way through it.  I got quite a bit done last night while I watching the Seahawks.  It would have been a perfect evening if they had won.

No comments: