04 October, 2012

The perils of football knitting

I have been actually doing a good bit of knitting lately on that Argosy wrap and lots of it while watching football.  I brought it to noon knitting yesterday and it was inspected and admired, then I sat down with it again last night and realized that I had made a mistake.  Fortunately I don't think it's going to be noticeable unless someone is specifically looking for mistakes because even Peggy didn't notice it, and she notices everything!  At some point - and I was counting back so I am thinking it must have been during the Seahawks game on Sunday - I skipped adding the 8 stitches on the end of row 5.  I am NOT going to rip it back.  I just carried on, and added an extra 8 stitches to this repeat.  I want to be done with this and unfortunately I am only at the half way mark.  I did make a decision in the afternoon to frog the squares I started crocheting a couple of years ago.  I am definitely not going to finish that project.  What was I thinking?  I don't even like crochet!  So I got into my basket and found a skein and a half of a Noro colorway I just love, and when I'm done with that I can start frogging the squares and I won't have to buy any more yarn.

I mad a restful evening, on purpose.  I had such a bad night Tuesday.  The cough was back with a vengeance - maybe from running two days in a row and quite vigorous evening workouts as well.  The race is on the 21st and I had three weeks off, but I shouldn't expect to make it all up at once!  The good news is that my cough has nearly disappeared and I had a wonderful, deep and restful sleep last night.  I feel great today.  I will take it easy on my run.  Slow and steady and all that.

My current audiobook is the second book I have read (listened to) by the same author.   This one is not as serious as the first, but still is about time travel in Oxford, set 50 years in the future.  It is narrated by the same person who narrated the wonderful Shardlake books, which I loved.  However, I have now come to associate his voice with Shardlake so sometimes it is a bit confusing.  I am not liking this one as much as the first, but it is fun.

Busy day today and it looks like I'll be signing documents tomorrow morning!  Fingers crossed.

No comments: