16 October, 2012

Someday I'll make a list

I have to start with a rant today.  This just irks me no end.  Why?  I have no idea.  Maybe because it's just so obviously selfish.  It is that person sitting on the aisle with an empty spot next to the window, typically filled up with their bags or back pack or whatever.  At each stop they make sure to be busily studying or reading or riffling through whatever is sitting on their seat with them so that no eye contact is made with the passengers walking down the aisle looking for an empty seat.  It just bugs me, that's all.

Other than that it is a gorgeous morning.  Looks like the rain just blew through, although I believe it is due back soon.  I had a great run yesterday and my cough is most definitely much better.  I almost made it through the whole night without coughing, which is a HUGE improvement.  I have high hopes for a good solid race this weekend.

Even though I had already won my matchup (yay me!  I have the best record in my league still) I was interested in watching the Monday night game, the Broncos against the Chargers.  But at the half the Chargers were up 3 scores and I had finally found a book I wanted in the Sunday Times book review section, so I headed in to bed to read, figuring that the game was in the bag for the Chargers.  Hah!  Never under estimate Peyton Manning.  I found out when I checked the scores this morning that he brought the Broncos back in the second half to beat the Chargers!  It must have been a great game.  But I did enjoy my quiet reading time.  There's still plenty of football left.

No comments: