08 October, 2012

My little visit to the emergency room

Friday morning I went straight to the escrow office in Bellevue and signed the papers.  As I supposed my ex had one more little nasty surprise for me.  It'll get straightened out eventually but it was annoying nevertheless.  It didn't take long and I was back on the road to work in 30 minutes.  It was a busy day, being the last whole day of class plus a little good bye program for one of the professors who is going to be retiring at the end of the year. 

I had a nice evening, quiet and woke up feeling just fine.  However, I went out to breakfast and started feeling very strange, then faint, then terrible and .... well, then the ambulance came and took me away.  It was SO embarrassing!  I had to spend time in the emergency room where the doctor insisted on giving me an MRI just to make sure I hadn't anything neurological going on.  The medics decided it was just an anxiety attack ... (JUST) ... and he couldn't take their word for it.  I am *extremely* claustrophobic so the idea of an MRI gives me a panic attack.  They had to give me a sedative and even then I was pretty uncomfortable.  The good news is that I am just fine - nothing neurological, my heart is perfect.  I'm just under a lot of stress.  Duh ...

I took the rest of the weekend off.  I didn't do any of my errands on Saturday, but instead lay on the couch in my comfy pajamas and watched football and let my friend wait on me.  Sunday I did manage to get to the grocery store and that was about it.  The Seahawks game was on in the afternoon and they won.  I won  my fantasy match up again!  It looks like I'm be number one again this week but I won't be certain until after the game tonight.  Wheee ... I just love to beat all those boys.

I heard from my friends in Paris and they have found me a hotel close to the pub.  So I've got to get that booked this week.  Well, I'm not going to get myself all worked up about all the stuff I have to get done.  "Relax" is the word of the day.  Of the week.

No comments: