18 October, 2012

Rediscovering the joy of knitting

At noon knitting yesterday one of my friends was showing off a beautiful cowl she had knit during her recent vacation.  It looked so pretty and I asked her for the pattern.  Then when I got home last night I searched out the perfect ball of yarn from my stash - a cotton/angora blend in a beautiful blue - and cast on for that cowl.  I ended up doing 10 rows and it is going to be beautiful!  I think I have just been slogging along with projects I'm not all that interested in for too long.  It's lace, but not too complicated to knit while watching TV.  Perfect, because the Seahawks are on Thursday Night Football tonight.  Guess what I'm going to be doing tonight?

I actually did get my last reservation made yesterday.  I've been such a procrastinator lately.  It took me ages to get my new passport and I have dry cleaning that's been ready for weeks that I haven't picked up.  But all my reservations are made.  I guess we can see where my priorities lie.

I am looking forward to a wonderful strong run today.  It's beautiful outside again.  I was expecting rain this week but so far it's been lovely.  I guess it's saving up for race day. 

No comments: