17 October, 2012

Mid-week bliss

I love Wednesdays.  It is a day when I don't run and I don't have any guilt about it.  It is noon knitting, a nice hour chatting and knitting with my friends that I look forward to each week.  And today it is lovely again outside, although just a touch chilly.  When I was walking Tink this morning I realized that in just 5 weeks at this time I will be checked into my hotel in London!  It is dawning on me slowly that I have a wonderful vacation in the not too distant future.  And boy am I looking forward to it!  It has been a rough six months.

My run yesterday was a bit disappointing.  I didn't have much omph.  Perhaps it is because I ate only vegetable soup for dinner the night before.  It wasn't my wind, because my cough is much diminished and I haven't been wheezing.  I think it's going to be raining on Sunday for the race, or cloudy at least.  And I do best in that weather so I'm not going to fret over it.  

How much do I love my new iPhone?  One of the features that I have been using more than I anticipated is the voice recognition, Siri.  It is so easy to make appointments, set reminders, get information.  No more typing on that little keyboard - or at least not so much.  You can dictate emails, just about anything.  If you are driving and a text message comes in you can ask Siri to read it to you and then dictate a reply!  Or you can ask her to remind you when you get to a certain place - for example I asked her to remind me when I got to work to make my last plane reservations.  And sure enough, as soon as I stepped onto the grounds my phone beeped.  And that's just a tiny portion of new features that I am learning about.

I was restless and antsy last night.  There was nothing on television that I wanted to watch.  I didn't feel like knitting (!!  I know!  I guess I need a new project).  I ended up going to bed early and watching a movie on my iPad, but then I got interrupted by a work matter.  I was tired anyway so I was asleep by 10.  I woke with a little cough around 1 but I got it under control and I am rested today.  Here's hoping this lingering cough will finally be gone by the race this weekend.

No comments: