24 October, 2012

I do wonder about my sanity

You will not believe what I did yesterday evening.  I still can't believe it.  When I got out of the elevator after work I reached for my keys and .... I couldn't find them!  I searched all through my purse - not there.  I searched my coat pockets and in the little bag I had - nothing.  I couldn't believe it but they were nowhere to be found.  I decided I must have dropped them when I put them back into my outside purse pocket on the bus, so I headed to the apartment office and had them let me into my apartment so I could walk Tink and figure out how to get my keys back.  And oh, I was SO mad at myself!  I got Tink and away we went as I put a call through to Seattle Metro Lost and Found to alert them to the fact that my keys were on the bus. The lines were busy and after waiting about 10 minutes I entered my telephone number for them to call me back when the line was free and went along on my walk, fuming and fussing all the while.  And then I started thinking how I was going to describe my little key wallet and what keys were on there -- my electronic door key, my apartment door key, the facilities key, the laundry room key, the mailbox key .......... and that's when it hit me.  I stopped dead in my tracks.  I had gotten my mail!  That meant that I had my keys when I walked into the building.  Oh I felt so stupid!  By this time my sister was on the phone and I told her what had just happened and she accompanied me back to my building to find my keys in the vestibule.  But nope, they weren't there!  Then I noticed another call coming in on my phone - the apartment office.  Of course, I got there and they had my keys.  Someone had just turned them in.  Whew!  But how silly is that?  I felt like a total idiot, and not wanting to take any chances doing anything else stupid I had a shower, put on my comfy flannels and made myself a drink.  I was in for the night.  Disaster averted. 

Yesterday at lunch I had the most awesome run I have had in months and months!  I don't know why but it was just incredible.  I was flying along (for me).  If I had been running that pace Sunday I would have had a personal best time.  And no coughing, no asthma after I was done either.  It was just perfect!  No running today so let's see if I can repeat it Thursday.

No comments: