29 October, 2012

Sometimes there aren't enough hours in the day!

Friday I woke up with a killer sinus headache.  I wonder if it was all of that intense computer work I've been doing lately?  Days and days of just staring at the screen.  I don't think I wore my contacts to work once last week.  Anyway, I stayed home and dealt with that Friday.  It wasn't until early afternoon that it finally eased up.

I had another super fantastic run last Thursday.  That morning I had 3/4 of an apple with my oatmeal instead of the strawberries and again I had energy to spare!  The only conclusion I can draw from this is that I have been eating less than I should for an optimal run.  I got more bananas this weekend and today I'm going to try a banana for breakfast with my oatmeal and see if I can get the same results as last week.  Also it's misting and has been raining hard so there is a lot of moisture in the air.  I can't wait for lunchtime!

I got SO much done this weekend I can hardly believe it.  Friday afternoon I took a load of shoes and boots to have the heels repaired - long overdue.  Then I stopped by the apartment complex where I want to live and found out that yes, definitely, that's where I want to live.  I have an application and I saw a couple of units, but I can't move until mid-December so I am going to complete the application and then just wait for the right unit to become available.  Unbelievably they have over 90 different floor plans!  And also because I work here I don't have to pay the application fee and get a discount on the refundable deposit.  Nice.

Besides going to two parties I also started a new knitting project - another one from the Feminine Knits book.  This one is a lace blouse and I'm using a white angora blend that I frogged from another project that I never could get into.  It is going to be gorgeous!

The Huskies won what sounded like a great game, but I didn't get to watch it!  I was bummed.  The Seahawks lost - unfortunately a game that I was able to watch.  Not good.  My fantasy team has one more player in tonight's game.  He needs to make more than 16.54 for me to win.  It's doable.  Fingers crossed!!

Snow is predicted for Luxembourg today.  It is so pretty when it snows there, but I hope it's gone in three weeks because it won't be fun getting around in it.

No comments: