29 January, 2013

8 o'clock

Yes ... 8 o'clock.  That is the time I woke up this morning!!  I did wake up very early ... what I thought was the middle of the night ... and realizing I hadn't set it before I went to sleep, did so at that time.  It must have actually been after 6:30 at that point.  Next thing I knew I turned over, stretched and yawned and noticed how light it was.  I hadn't had any alcohol last night before I went to bed, so I wasn't hung over.  But I did take a Benadryl at 2:30 am.  I figured it would be out of my system in four hours but I guess it wasn't.  I jumped out of bed, threw on some clothes and some make-up, got Tink outside for her necessarily quick potty walk, back upstairs, grabbed my purse and I was on the 8:35 bus.  Whew.

Considering how long I've been slacking off, I had a pretty darned good run yesterday.  It was miserable running weather though.  Not only cold, but raining as well.  I got soaked.  I am hoping for the rain to hold off this afternoon.  I can't face another rainy run.  I like the drizzle but those big, fat raindrops are annoying.

I had the occasion to make some chicken soup for a pour wretch with a cold this weekend and last night I had the left overs for my dinner.  Oh it was gorgeous!  I am going to have to make that again soon.  I used parsnips and leeks instead of onions and carrots, but added some carrots too.  It really hit the spot.  Soup, like stew, always tastes better a day or so later, doesn't it?

I did end up going to bed rather early and read, finishing The Double Game finally.  Before that I got another few rows done on the Argosy Wrap.  I am going to have to unearth some more Noro Kureyon and I know where I'll get it.  I have some squares I started for a blanket I will never finish.  Might as well put it to good use.  It's my favorite colorway too.  It'll be perfect.

No comments: