23 January, 2013

The cutest hat ever!

The Tassel Hat by Diane Serviss is unbelievably cute! While looking for a different type of hat  - not a beret and not a ski hat - I ran into this pattern and I am so glad I did.  I finished knitting the back of the head last night and couldn't stop until I finished making the tassels.  Since I am using the yarn directly from the sweater as it unravels, the yarn is kinked up.  It doesn't show in the body of the hat, but the tassels are curly, which I think just adds to its whimsical appeal.  Adorable. 

It was a hard slog at work yesterday since I was still in vacation mode after my long weekend.  I so wanted to run, but I had twisted my knee while climbing a few flights of stairs carrying my suitcase from the train station up to the street level on Monday.  I really could have used the endorphins and the fresh air.  No running today either, but tomorrow and the next few weeks I have GOT to get out there every day that I can to get ready for the Love 'em or Leave 'em race February 9.  Thankfully we have been having decent - cold but dry - weather.

Tink was still rather quiet yesterday which made it easy for me to finish up my hat.  She's always kind of snoozy for a few days after coming back from a stay at the Dog Resort.  I am hoping that the weather will be decent this weekend and I can take her for a long walk someplace new.  We have lots of uncharted neighborhood to explore.  I am sure she'd appreciate a few new smells.  I have noticed now that there is not any grass for her to roll in she stays much cleaner.  In fact when I picked her up Monday the girl at the counter wanted to know how I kept her so white!  Which is amazing considering she was always looking rather gray a few weeks after a grooming.  Oh she wants to roll.  It was a chore a couple of weekends ago when I took her to Green Lake.  All of that goose poo around - I had to keep sharp to keep her clean.

No comments: