31 January, 2013

Weak signal

I haven't been spending a lot of time streaming video on my iPad since I moved into this new place.  I'm either on the Internet or reading.  But last week I was in the mood so I got onto HBO GO to see what was new and found a program I wanted to watch.  But it kept stopping, which makes for a frustrating viewing experience.  I didn't think much of it until I tried again last night and couldn't even get a connection.  So I ran SpeedTest and find that my signal in my bedroom is practically nonexistent.  Not good.  I am going to have to move that modem around a bit to see if I can get a better signal.  Oddly, when I was at my other apartment there was a wall and a small kitchen space between there and my bedroom and I got fine reception.  Even in the office, which was way in the back of the apartment another room removed from the modem it was fine.  So I am hopeful I can get a decent signal back there with a little shuffling around.

It was a busy day yesterday and I was tired when I got home.  Tink got a nice walk in the drizzle.  It hasn't been cold really, just dark and moist.  I've got to run early today because I am proctoring an exam at 1:30, so let's hope this morning stays like this, except perhaps not so dark.   One of my buddies helped me frog some of those silly squares I had made a few years ago and now I have plenty of yarn to finish the Argosy Wrap, which I worked on last night.  Now it's a joy, because the end is in sight and it keeps getting smaller and smaller and smaller.  I have been thinking about where I'm going to be able to block this monster.  I think it'll be too large for my bed.  I do have blocking pads.  The kind that you put together any way you want.  I could put it in the hall, but how will I keep Tink from walking on it?  Yeah ... well I'll keep thinking.

Poor Tink has another ear infection.  I guess her breed is just susceptible to them.  At least I am an observant enough owner to recognize the signs early on before she's really suffering.  I have medicine left over from the last time.  Now it's 5 days of twice a day application and 5 days of once a day. She is such a good dog about it.  Just lays there and lets me clean everything up and put the medicine in the ear.  Actually it must feel pretty good.  I expect it's rather itchy.  Poor little dog.  She'll be better in a couple of days.

I thought Tuesday was Wednesday and today feels like Friday, but alas it is only Thursday.  I'm looking forward to this weekend.  I've got a fun party to go to for the Super Bowl.  But that's a ways away.  Maybe I'll have the wrap finished by then and can start some Super Bowl socks.

No comments: