14 January, 2013

You can't get away from the pigs

I must admit to being entirely amazed by how slovenly people can be.  I wasn't as much amazed when I was living at the other apartment, but where I am living now it is quite unusual.  Still it happens and just stuns me.  The way the community is set out, instead of grass parking strips there are little gardens with drought resistant plants.  These little gardens are around the entire block that encloses the creek and all of the buildings.  Sunday when I was walking Tink toward the path around through the creek I found a large Christmas tree that someone had abandoned right there in the little garden!  Just dumped there!!  Can you imagine? 

Well, the Seahawks season is over.  They played Atlanta on Sunday in a real nail biter.  And they came back from a 20 point deficit to one point ahead.  Then Atlanta came back with 35 second left to play and scored a field goal!  A real heart breaker.  But they played so very well.  If the team doesn't lose too many players in the off season we'll have another killer team next year.  In the meantime I'm going to have to root for San Francisco in the divisional game next weekend. 

It was crazy cold this weekend but thankfully clear so no snow, but plenty of ice.  Tink got a wonderful long walk around Green Lake on Saturday in the brilliant sunshine, along with what looked to be half of Seattle out enjoying the weather.  She needed the exercise.  I don't have a really good long walk for her from this apartment.  I mean there are no good parks nearby.  There are city streets, but she is too easily distracted by the people and it makes it difficult to get any pace going when she's stopping to get petted by each and every person walking by!  She is being boarded at the kennel next weekend while I go to Portland and I had to get her Bordatella updated on Saturday so I got to weigh her.  She was getting a little to heavy and now that there is no pantry cupboard for her to scratch at, she is getting fewer treats and she's lost a pound.  She's perfect now.

No knitting at all on the weekend.  I wanted to knit but the games were all too exciting and I don't have any plain TV knitting.  Maybe I should make that a priority.  I have a lot of chores this evening but I'll put that on the list too.

No comments: