04 January, 2013

Not so bad

It was so pretty yesterday when I went for my run.  Clear and very cold, so I was happy to have the new jacket on with the hand covers.  It was a difficult run, but I did better than I thought I would, which is always nice.  I have been such a slug for the past few weeks.  I signed up for the race on February 9, so there's no turning back now.  I'll be ready.  That's 5 weeks from now.  It's on my favorite route - Green Lake - and I am going to work up a strategy to deal with the bottleneck on the path.  I don't know what yet.  I have seen some people just run off the course and run around the bottleneck.  It seems like cheating but really - it's just a race for fun.  Actually, that seems the only way around it.

The clouds moved in and by the time I took Tink for her 7 o'clock walk it was sleeting.  Ick.  It has warmed up, thankfully, or it would be snowing today.  As it is it's just raining and warmer.  I don't mind.  Not that I have any real say in the matter, do I?

I started a hat Sunday evening and worked on it a bit last night while watching an awesome bowl game.  By the second half the Ducks were running away with it, so I retired to watch something on my iPad.  I didn't even make it all the way through it (the first show of the second season of  "The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret") and that's okay.  I needed a good sleep and I got it.  It makes SUCH a big difference being in a quiet environment.  I knew the freeway noise, and other parking lot noises, bothered my sleep but I didn't realize exactly how much until I moved here.  It is SO quiet.  I love it. 

I am making this hat out of left over bits of cashmere.  Thank goodness I didn't throw out any cashmere yarn!  I got a little crazy, cleaning things out.  But not so crazy that I'd toss perfectly good cashmere yarn!  I'd like to work some on the lace blouse, but I can't see that I'll have much free, quiet time this coming weekend.  It's not TV knitting and there are bowl games on tonight and tomorrow, and Sunday is the Seahawks playoff game.  Plain knitting or no knitting.  It's going to be very exciting.  All that and errands too.  Tink is getting groomed and not a week too soon.  I hate to bathe her when it's so cold but I had to on Sunday, she was so dirty.  Well ... here's to Friday.

No comments: