07 January, 2013

It was all about football

My weekend -- football, football, hang a picture, football.  There were a few doggie walks and some meals, a little laundry, but otherwise that was about it.  I was planning on running around Green lake Sunday morning before the games started but Saturday night I stepped on one of  Tink's toys in the hall and twisted my right ankle.  Not good.  When I woke up Sunday it was sore and a little swollen so that was out.  I spent the day with it up and iced and today it's really pretty good.  I won't run today and we'll see how it goes tomorrow.  I want to do that race in February and I'm not going to risk getting out there too early.  This is the ankle I tore up all those years ago and it has never been entirely right since then.

The BCS game is tonight and is definitely going to be better than last year's snooze of a game.  The big ... no huge ... football news of this weekend is that the Seahawks beat the Redskins and will move on in the playoffs.  Next they play Atlanta, and they're not going to be easy.  It was a good game and I went up to Steve and Ginny's to watch it.  It's always much more fun to watch a big game with lots of good company and food.  Steve made chili and because Dungeness crab is in season, a gorgeous crab bisque.  And of course, incredible wine. A super fun afternoon made especially wonderful by a win.

I did very little with my apartment this weekend, on purpose.  I just needed a weekend off.  I didn't get to sleep in since I had to get Tink to the groomers by 8:30 Saturday morning.  Maybe next weekend I can sleep in.  I did however want to hang more than one picture but that got sidelined by a particularly exciting game Saturday.  Ah well.  I am getting clearer ideas about where I want to put everything, which is good.  And I did buy a lighted mirror for the bathroom.  Thank goodness the counter space in the bathroom is very generous and there is plenty of room for a mirror on a stand.  This bathroom is very much like a hotel bathroom and we all know what I think about hotel bathrooms.  They all seem to have been designed by men with no thought to how a woman is going to put on her make up.  The lighting is atrocious and the mirror is too far away.  The mirror is a perfect solution and is on a stand that is tall enough so I don't have to bend way over to get my make up on.  I love it.  Every little step makes the place better and better.  The bedroom is still the biggest challenge.  I can't use my jewelery cabinet nor can I get into any of my dresser drawers without laying out on the bed.  It is not going to stay that way much longer.  Hopefully by the end of this month I can have it all put together.

Last week I broke my perfect tea mug.  It kept it hot, was pink, had a nice lid but was also glass.  It was perfect and I knocked it off the counter and it broke.  So now my tea is cold before I'm done with it.  I must find another perfect mug.  I just don't like those metal lidded cups.  They're okay from time to time, but not every day.  Something will turn up.

No comments: