02 January, 2013

Happy New Year!

It seems very weird to have had a work day in between Christmas and New Year's Day.   I can't even remember how long it's been since I've worked on that day.  But it was okay - very quiet.  I got out of here early and took Tink for a nice long walk in the cold sunshine.  We found a new little park-ish walk across 5th avenue.  There the recently uncovered Thornton Creek continues and a lovely little walk has been made in a green belt between some apartment buildings and the library and community center.  It's really nice, but because it is usually dark when I'm walking her, whether it's before or after work, the only time I can enjoy it right now is on the weekends.  We will definitely be going back.

I went to a fun party and actually stayed up to ring in the new year.  Usually I'm fast asleep by midnight.  It was fun.  We ate and drank and played cards.  I really really wanted to sleep in Tuesday but that was not to be.  The good news is that I got the Christmas tree out of my minuscule apartment and after vacuuming up all the needles I didn't do anything but knit and watch college football bowl games.  The good ones are still to come, but the two I saw were entertaining. 

As much as I want to finish getting my apartment together - and believe me, I REALLY want to finish getting it together - I have decided I'm going to give myself a break.  I am going to decided where I want to hang all of my pictures tonight and then just rest the rest of this week and this coming weekend.  I think I'm overly tired and I need to recoup some of my energy or I'm going to get sick.  I know exactly what I want for the new pieces, so it's just a matter of purchasing them and getting rid of the old wall units and dresser.  It will be nice to have them, but it's not necessary right now.  I think I need a weekend of nothing at all to do instead.

I am looking forward to noon knitting today and then tomorrow I've got to get back on my running schedule.  Today I'm going to look up the date of the Love 'em or Leave 'em race and maybe even sign up if registration is open.  It's always nice to have the race on the calendar. 

No comments: