16 January, 2013

Into a cloud

The sky was perfectly clear when I left home.  I could see the mountains clearly on all sides and a perfectly pink con trail of a plane in the sky.  It was gorgeous.  And then, the closer I got to work the cloudier it got.  It's very strange.  It was almost foggy, the clouds are that low.  I am hoping that the clouds will warm things up.  It was well below freezing.  I know it was exceptionally cold last night because Tink was not only on the bed all night, but came to cuddle up with me in the middle of the night, which she very rarely does.  And then wanted to get under the covers.  Again I will say - I don't mind the cold.  It is not snowing and that's all that I care about.

I was under the weather all day, but since we were so short handed and two other people had to leave early, I stuck it out.  Everyone is so scared of catching the flu, and since I have a fun weekend away coming up I am perhaps a bit paranoid.  I'm still a little sniffling this morning, so it's just a little cold I guess.  I relaxed last night, did some good knitting and went to bed early.  I now have another new book in my queue.  A friend recommended - no, insisted I buy, the book he is currently reading.  He's a friend that always gives me good recommendations and so I downloaded it as we were talking on the phone.  So that's 2 new ones and one 80% read on my iPad, and two by my bed.  And so of course, going to bed early my thought was that I'd finish up "The Double Game".  But once I got into bed and got warm I was out like a light. 

Noon knitting today.  I brought my lace blouse in again and, not thinking about that, I wore a black cardigan so of course it's going to be covered with white fluff.  Ah well .. nothing I can do about it now anyway.  I also remembered to bring my Denise set so I can add a little length to the circular needle.   This project grows and grows.  I don't think I can get another two rounds on that length. 

I'd like to get some socks on the needles for train travel time Friday.  I have some Kureyon sock yarn that I can't remember the reason for buying.  It does make good, warm socks.  The last pair were unfortunately felted by accident.  Perhaps this time I should make them a little larger than usual and felt them on purpose.  I find it useless to make socks that cannot be put into the washer and dryer.  I rarely remember to remove them from the washer and then find little baby socks in the dryer.  I learned my lesson and now don't buy sock yarn that I intend to use for socks that doesn't go into the washer AND dryer.

No comments: