18 January, 2013

Old dog, new trick

Tink was absolutely perfect on her bus ride yesterday!  I had given her a normal walk after work and then went upstairs to get her food and her short leash, then off we went to the transit center.  The bus we needed to take, the 41, arrives at the transit center from downtown and then goes on out to Lake City.  My only concern about this ride, being that it was taking place during rush hour, was that the bus would be full and we'd have to stand.  That would make it very uncomfortable for her, with all those strange feet and legs around her.  But the transit center is the final stop for most of the passengers, since it's a park and ride lot, so we had room to sit.  She stayed quiet and calm for the entire ride, which was only about 15 minutes.  Then I walked the block to The Dog Resort and dropped her off and then caught the bus back home.  The entire trip, including a stop on the way home to pick up something for dinner, was done in less than an hour.  Not bad. 

And there I was - an entire evening alone to get myself packed up for a long weekend and then do whatever I wanted.  That was knit and catch up on some programs I had recorded.  It only took a few minutes to gather my things together and pack them up, then I poured myself a cocktail and picked up my project.   The new season of "Girls" started on HBO last weekend, so I watched that and a couple of other things, all the while working on that cute hat.  It was a super awesome evening capped off by a great night of sleep.   The quiet and not having a doggie snoring at the foot of my bed - that makes for an uninterrupted night.  Ahhhh

I put my lace blouse project bag in my suitcase.  I don't know if I am going to have that kind of time this weekend, but if I do I'm all set.  I didn't bring the hat because it is attached to a sweater, and I have so many books to read that I am hoping I will be able to get some reading done. 

Looks like the weather is going to be decent in Portland.  By decent I mean neither raining nor snowing.  The cold I don't care so much about, but I plan on doing a bit of walking while I'm there and I'd rather not be slogging through the rain.  I'll miss my dog but it's going to be nice to not have to worry about walking her, especially in the nighttime.  I know she's having a ball at the kennel.  She never even looks back when I drop her off!

No comments: