11 January, 2013

Oh how easy it is to forget

My asthma hasn't been an issue for months, thank goodness.  But still before I go running I use my inhaler, because it is exercised induced normally.  Yesterday I forgot and it wasn't until I was just stepping on to the trail that I remembered.  But my lungs were clear and I wasn't about to turn back since it was very cold and sprinkling.  I knew if I went back in I would most likely talk myself out of going back outside.  So off I went at my normal pace.  It is the cold air that causes the constriction and the colder it is the worse it gets, so it wasn't long before I was really feeling it and cursing myself for forgetting.  I made it through the entire 30 minutes, but I was slow.  You can bet I won't be forgetting today.  It is not going to be raining icy needles today.  It is clear and even colder.  This morning it is below freezing. 

My evening was so nice and quiet again.  I was really in the mood to read.  My sister gave me two books when I was down there at Christmas and I've got a new one on Kindle I haven't even started and one I have yet to finish.  But I was also in the mood to knit.  (Oh that Argosy wrap .....)  I have yet to find the perfect knitting spot.  Nothing will be as good as the comfy chair and ottoman I had to give away - at least not in this apartment.  But I think I can find a spot on my couch that will work.  It just needs to be configured.  Last night I only got a few rows done.  Between finding the perfect spot and playing with Tink, the evening flew by and pretty soon it was time to turn in.  I had stayed awake way too long the night before.  I ended up watching a pilot of a new show by Nick Kroll that is going to start on Comedy Central on the 16th.  I love the way iTunes gives away pilot episodes.  And that was it -- too tired to read.  I slept like a stone.

Busy football weekend coming up.  The highlight will be the Seahawks game Sunday morning.  Fingers crossed.  They are playing Atlanta in Atlanta.  Well, they beat last weeks opponent at their home field.  It could happen again.

No comments: