28 January, 2013

Just a taste

First college football disappears, but the NFL quickly takes over those Saturdays.  Then the playoffs and then ... no football.  Oh there was the Pro Bowl on Sunday, but not until 4. And it's really not a very exciting game.  Time lay a bit heavy on my hands this weekend.  I know it's like this every year and it just takes a few weekends to get a new flow going, but it wasn't easy this weekend to stay busy.  I got a taste of the future.

I finished up the cowl on Friday and gladly used it Saturday and Sunday.  It was cold and wet and windy, but Tink was happy for all the walks I could give her.  Saturday was chore day and I gave my teensie apartment a good cleaning, although I am not yet able to really move around in my sleeping space.  Just another few weeks and I'll be able to get that furniture out and put smaller pieces in there and then I'll have a bit more room.  But as it is, I actually cannot maneuver the vacuum anywhere except the one side of the bed.   So I spent a bit of time grumbling to myself about how I cannot wait to get this place finally put together.  I will be much more comfortable.  I can't even wear my jewelry because I can't put it away yet.  That's starting to really bother me.  But ... patience.  Just another couple of weeks.

I had a hair appointment Saturday afternoon and I was going to take Tink with me on the bus, but the weather was so awful and wet I thought it would be better to just let her stay home.  It's very easy to get to the salon and back on the bus, so I didn't even consider Zip Car.   I was realizing this weekend it's been two full months since I've been without a car and I still haven't used the Zip Car.  I keep saying I'm just going to go joy riding on a weekend.  But none of the really cool cars are kept in the close Zip Car lots.

My poor stylist was having a very bad day and she was late because her 15 year old client had chosen a hair color and then after it was done, hated it so thoroughly that she was crying.  Poor Dana, my stylist, was trying to change the color to something the girl would accept and at the same time, take care of me.  She was in bits.  I forget how everything to a 15 or 16 year old girl is HUGE.  And the girl's mother was fanning the flames.  It was crazy.  What a burden it is to be a teenager.

So Sunday came around and Tink, bless her little doggy heart, let me sleep in.  Oh it was luxurious.  I didn't get out of bed until around 9:30!  I made myself a cup of coffee, put it in a travel cup and I let her take me on a long, long walk.  It was very cold but she hasn't had a nice hour walk for a few weeks.  At my other place I would walk her for at least an hour both Saturday and Sunday, but there aren't the same kinds of neighborhoods in my new area.  Nonetheless there are some lovely little hidden parks and we are finding them.  Then off to get my manicure, pick up some lunch and .... tick tock an entire afternoon in front of me with nothing scheduled and no football.  That means knitting, of course.  I picked up the Argosy Wrap and got to work on it and made some good progress, starting the decreases to finish this monster.  It is like a Dr. Who scarf.  It's enormous!  But if this weather keeps up I'll get lots and lots of use out of it.  I'll have to use the panorama feature on my iPhone camera to capture the whole thing.

No comments: