30 September, 2014

I just had to go

I couldn't NOT go to the football game on Saturday.  It was a beautiful day and I was super excited to go to the new stadium.  It wasn't the best idea, considering the state of my cold - bad.  But it was a wonderful day even if the Huskies stunk up the place.  Granted, it was a tough team but still ... if their defense hadn't been so stout we wouldn't have had the 13 points we ended up with.  We lost.  To Stanford.  But all in all, a wonderful day. 

Sunday I spent entirely in bed.  All day.  My cold had morphed from throat to entirely in my head and I was a mess.  I had no choice, I had to come in Monday so I thought spending the day in bed would do it.  Well, it didn't.  Monday morning the cold was in my chest and I was miserable, but got myself up and out and got my meetings done, quiz done, small groups set up .... and got home and back into bed by around 2.  I was hoping to be able to stay in bed today and work from home, but there was a problem with the quiz and then I got an email at 6 this morning that one of my faculty couldn't make an afternoon session, so that means re-scheduling 155 students. 

So -- I let myself sleep until seven-ish, showered, walked Tink and headed to the Transit Center at 8 o'clock.  I thought it would be easier than 7 but oh no, that's when the little kids are getting to school.  If anything Avondale Road was even MORE crowded than at 7!  I stopped in for a coffee and a muffin at Starbucks and kept on going, bumper to bumper to the Transit Center, intending to catch the last Greenlake Express.  I got to the parking garage and it was filled.  I went to the tippy top and not a spot to be found!  Now what am I going to do?  I sure didn't want to drive, but as luck would have it I found a spot on the ground floor.  Whew!  I made the 9:09 545 Seattle Express and walked to work from Montlake.  What a slog when you're sick. 

It's around 1 now and I've got all of the fires put out, everyone tucked up nicely and my boss told me to go home as soon as I could.  Now would be good.  And tomorrow I'll be just fine and dandy.  Yes, yes I will.

No comments: