15 September, 2014

Practically perfect

As predicted Saturday was a very busy day, ending with an impromptu card party that, thankfully, didn't last too long into the night.  Saturday morning I got my eyes checked, this time with a new doctor.  I use two different contact lenses, mono vision.  One eye corrects for distance, one for close up and together they're good.  He suggested we correct the astigmatism in my near vision eye, which the other doctor hadn't done.  I didn't have any change in my prescription other than changing this one contact and I'm trying it now.  I like it, especially for computer work.  I also picked out a new pair of frames and I am really looking forward to them.  I am sick of my current ones, although that's probably because I've had to wear them a lot since August.   I didn't want to order 90 days worth of contact lenses if I was going to have a changed prescription.

The rest of Saturday was spent rearranging the kitchen and unpacking the rest of my kitchen boxes.  The last things to do are the hall bathroom and then hang the pictures, but that's going to have to wait for this coming weekend.  While we were working we watched the Huskies kick some football behind.  They are 3 and 0, all non conference games.  But that's a great start with a new coach.  All of the teams were decent, no push overs.

Sunday I slept in!  It was gorgeous! I caught up with my sleep, staying in bed until after 9.  Ahhhhhhh ..... perfection.  And the rest of the day was football and knitting.  I knit so much that my hand was sore at the end of the day.  Unfortunately the Seahawks lost. They were simply outplayed and it was not fun to watch.  My fantasy team did okay, although I lost my best guy - the first pick in the draft - due to him supposedly spanking his son with a switch.  I have one player tonight, but so does my opponent so I'm probably going to lose again.  I made a switch on Sunday so hopefully I can get a few more points next week.

Sunday night - bad.  B-A-D.  Tinkerbell had a stomach issue, which means I was up with her not once, not twice, but three separate times.  In between, when I got back to bed and to sleep I had nightmares.  Terrible ones  I feel like a zombie today.  Not only do nothing Monday, but go to bed early Monday!


No comments: