29 March, 2016

Too hot and too cold

That's spring for you.  This morning it was in the 30's when I got up.  The heat kept coming on last night and it is set for 60, so when it comes on at night that means it's pretty cold outside.  I had to start the truck while I was walking Tink this morning to get the windshield clear.  And now I'm in my office and I'm too warm.  I hope I'm not getting sick.  I'm all paranoid since Ben's been so sick these last few days.  But, as I said, it's better to get sick now before the vacation so I can be all better and ready to go in less than a month!

Work is so difficult for me these days.  Today starts my double digit countdown.  I can not only see the end of the tunnel, I can smell it.  But I have lots of balls in the air and I don't want to let anyone down - any more than I will be already letting them down by leaving when the shit is just starting to hit the fan.  My plan is to give everyone plenty of notice, but that's not going to make things easier for them in their minds.  So truly the last two months are going to be the very worst of them all.  So I should enjoy this as much as I can!

I just have a couple more hours to do on that HUGE shawl I have made.  I'd like to get it done because I came up with what I think is a brilliant idea to use up some rather bright pink mohair and silk yarn I have.  I want to make another Venomous Tentacula and make one or two tentacles out of some silver beaded silk and sequins I have stashed.  It would be stunning and the beads would give the light yarn some weight.  AND the color is perfect for my pink Spring coat.  I seriously doubt I could get it done by the time we leave but maybe

Today is late meeting day so I get to leave early.  It is sunny outside now, albeit cold.  I can run after my morning meeting and now that the buses have changed the schedule I can catch my regular 542 Redmond bus all during the day so I don't have to walk over to the freeway.  Nice!

No comments: