18 March, 2016

What I did yesterday

It was a super gorgeous day yesterday - as well as being St. Patrick's Day, of course - and even though it hadn't been in my mind to do so, I just decided I would go out running.  I didn't over think it.  I just togged up and went outside.  I knew it wasn't going to be easy because my asthma has been really acting up with all of the blooming trees, but I had taken a couple of puffs before I headed out and I had my rescue inhaler with me, just in case.  So away I went.  And you know what?  I was like falling off a log.  Granted, I didn't have the strength or the wind, but I ran way more than I thought I would be able to in relation to walking.  And when I walked it was just a few paces to get my wind back and I would trot again.  And my foot?  Not a problem at all.  That was my biggest fear, that my avulsion fracture would start to ache.  It did not.  So perhaps all of the laying off of it I've been doing was just exactly what I had to do.  This morning I am a little bit sore in my body - back, legs, stomach.  Not my foot.  NOT my foot.  Hoo-freakin'-ray!

I found a new recipe for pork chops yesterday with a mustard sauce and that's what I whipped up for dinner last night while taking a break from "Despicable Me 2". The sauce was very easy to make and quite tasty.  I would do it again with pork chops or maybe with chicken breasts and add some capers to make it a bit more sour, like chicken piccata. 

I took a break from knitting on my latest Noro Shiro shawl to start picking out an ill advised addition of a silver strand of ArtYarns beaded silk and sequins.  It just doesn't go with the deep green of the yarn and it was driving me crazy.  However, it is such expensive yarn I just couldn't cut it out, so I'm trying to pick it out and it's tedious and time consuming work.  I had to stop last night because I wasn't able to keep my eyes or ears on the movie.  I'll just keep working away at it during the weekend.  When I'm not cleaning.  Ick

No comments: