01 March, 2016

It was one of those darned Mondays

My day started off with a flurry of emails - all before the start of my 8am Zoom meeting.  I was NOT in a good mood, and this did not help it any.  Oh and how much more useless do these types of situations seem when the end of the tunnel is in view?  Intolerable.  But six months is a long time so I keep my mouth shut (mostly) and keep going.  I think I got my point across about expectations - that people need to TELL me what they want rather than have me try to read their mind.  I suspect it's going to be in one ear and out the other with this one though.

Mondays are difficult because I have three meetings, which really cuts into the day.  I had a project to get finished up before the end of the day as well so I was feeling the crunch.   When noon rolled around and then passed and I hadn't taken a breath I made myself stop, push back from the desk and get outside for a nice long walk.  It was sunny and breezy and a little bit cold.  Bracing.  Then I came in, had a quick lunch, and got back to it and finished up the day a winner.  But I was beat.  I had planned on stopping at the store to pick up a few things but said forget it and went straight home.  Tink got her walk and a little ball chasing, I had a shower and I was supine upon the couch by the time Ben got home.  I turned on the BBQ and we had a hamburger, I steamed some broccoli and that was dinner.  I was falling asleep on the cough at 8 pm.  Eight o'clock!!  And that's with no wine or anything else.  Just completely and utterly beat. 

I was afraid that if I went into the bed I would wake up and not be able to sleep but hey, that did not happen.  I heated up my lavender eye mask and I fell asleep before it cooled down.  I found it on my pillow when I woke up later that night.  Turned over and went right back to sleep.  I had one of the best nights of sleep I've had in ages.  I guess that's all it takes, huh?  Get super pissed off at work and let that rage cook inside you all day.  Hmmmmmm

No comments: