18 May, 2006

And then the mail came....

There I was, a virtual prisoner in my own home yesterday. Sun shining, breeze blowing a bazillion pieces of pollen up my nose if I dared venture outside. Of course I had to give Tink a little walk and the only other thing I did outside the house was a quick run to the store to get some elastic for the skirt portion of the flower outfit. So I was in a nasty mood .... but then the mail came! My Secret Pal strikes again!!!

What a clever creative woman she is! She told me to look out for a "bug splattered" package. Isn't that cute! And I love dragon flies too. Ah, but inside ... the theme of this one is "Cozy". Inside I found all sorts of cozy things. The pattern from Knitty for the Cozy Shawl, size 8 circular needles [she's right, you never can have enough of size 8s], Elann Sonata to make the shawl, chocolate, cute little tissues and a handmade card, plus what you can't see .... a candle, some soap and a cute little tea bag dish. Just a lovely package and it brightened my day a lot. THANKS SECRET PAL!!!

I am also very proud of myself because I finally finally did the finishing on the Flower Skirt & Top. It is very cute. The picture doesn't show the pretty little flower buttons at the shoulder of the top but I think you can get the idea. I do not like sewing garter stitched pieces together. It is impossible to get the mattress stitch right. I think if I ever (and it's highly unlikely, mind you) make another totally garter stitched thing I will be certain to put a stockinette selvedge on it so that it can be seamed correctly. So, that's one huge weight off my shoulders. I also finished up the shrug I was making for my friend. I didn't take a picture -- it's only a shrug, albeit a very nice one. I have decided that I'm going to take a break from making things for other people and just make a few things for myself for a change. In that vein I cast on for the X-back top again last night a got a few rows done. I really hope I can finish that up for my trip.

2 comments:

Sherrill said...

Good to see it (pkg) arrived, especially on a day you needed a lift.

Now, about that Flower Girl Pattern. Do tell where you found it. I would love to knit that pattern up, so cute and adorable. All girl!

Off to walk with the coworker as we never know how long the nice weather will hold out.

Be healthy!

Emma said...

Oh my, the flower outfit is absolutely too cute for words!