24 May, 2006

Lupins!

I just love them and I noticed when I was walking Tink last night that they're blooming all over! Such pretty colors.

I can't say I will be sorry to leave this weather Saturday. Rain, rain and .... rain. Oh. And thunder showers. I even turned the heat on yesterday evening! My sister says it gorgeous down there so I am keeping my fingers crossed that it stays that way.

I have so much to do at work - well, so much I want to get done before I leave. And I've decided for sure to take Friday off even though I can't get hold of my massage therapist. I know she had some surgery but I heard she was back. I'll try again today. But anyway, massage or no, I'm taking Friday to get ready so I've got today and tomorrow until 3 to get as much work done as I can. My poor hand - my mouse hand - from the one project I'm most concerned about. Of course, I could have been working on it these last few months but nooooooo. Oh well, I really don't have to have it done until the 20th of June, I just want to have it done before my meeting on the 6th. If it doesn't get done I'm not going to let it interfere with my vacation!

There are about 2 more inches of the body of the X-back top to go before I start the armholes and dividing the front. Tonight is the season finale of "Lost" - a 2 hour extravaganza!! -- and I don't envision doing any row counting during that. I truly could get that thing done for my trip if I work on it before 9 for a couple hours, then tomorrow evening and Friday. If I don't get it finished I'm definitely not going to take it with me.

And now ... I'd better work!!

1 comment:

Sherrill said...

Tivo is set and ready for the season finale of Lost. I know I won't make it up that late...unless I grab a cup of coffee right now. Getting up between 4-430ish isn't helping my night time knitting.

Ah...a place with no rain. Doesn't that just sound fantastic? Do me a favor...have at least one drink for me and if you get a chance, twirl around a dance floor for me too.

I may be yarn shopping on Saturday...pending plans of each individual family member.

Fingers crossed package should be there by tomorrow. Mailed yesterday! Hippity-hop...