21 May, 2006

Do NOT read this if you're drinking anything ....

I won't be responsible if you end up spraying your computer monitor with it.

Yesterday I was feeling a bit sorry for myself. There I was, a gorgeous Saturday evening and no date, no prospects, and not to put too fine a point on it, none of that good stuff that comes with dates since February in Paris! Early February at that! So I figured if I was going to throw myself a pity party I might as well have cocktails. Off I went to the liquor store. As I stepped up to make my purchases the guy asked me for my ID. I thought he was asking the person behind me. "No, you", he said. So I dug it out and handed it to him. I swear, the look on his face as he looked at the date, looked up at me, looked back down at the date and back up at me, a blush spreading over his face. I thanked him profusely, asked him if he'd like to marry me [nope, already spoken for] and went out of the store feeling like a million bucks! Wow. I can barely even remember my 21st birthday, so I was quite flattered. Perhaps I should spend more time in dirty sweatshirts and tight jeans? It just goes to show you, sometimes when you're feeling bad, along comes the universe and give you a pat on your little tushy and says "There, there. You still got it, babe."

1 comment:

Sherrill said...

Wahoo! Gotta love moments like those. Damn, I can't remember the last time I was carded.

By the way, it's rabbit season...rabbits abound. There will be one more package before you "hop" to your trip.