26 May, 2006

I'm on vacaaaaaashunnnnnn

Officially off to vacation start yesterday at 3 pm. Got most of the project done that I wanted to and I feel good and can put work right out of my head, which is paramount to enjoying time off. However, I was waiting for my hair appointment and my mobile phone rang. The caller ID was a colleague at work ... swear to god. And I answers, "Well, you didn't let me get too far away, did you?" Thank goodness the people I work with are good natured - I mean you almost have to be to work with students (especially undergrads, which we do from time to time). At the students' request she wanted one last little thing before I took off, and I have just now taken care of it. So. I guess we can say that my holiday starts .......NOW! ;-)

When I got home last night there was yet another package from my in-freaking-credible Secret Pal. See how cute ... she kept telling me it was rabbit season and this package is yarn, needles and a pattern for an adorable stuffed bunny. I've never made a toy, so it's new territory for me. I am going to be so stocked up on wonderful projects. I just love it! Thanks sooooo much, Secret Pal!!

My friend Ruth just stopped by to pick up Tinkerbell. I hate being in my house without my dog, but she and her boy and their exchange student are going camping and they're leaving today so I had to give little Tink up. Not that she gave even a backwards glance, mind you. She just loves their dog, Jasmine, so she's going to be in doggie heaven all the time I'm gone. Which is good. I wouldn't want her pining. And lucky for me I've got my sweet nephew staying with me and we have SUCH a good time. I swear -- if I didn't know for sure I had never had a child, I would think he's mine, we're that much alike. Last night was pizza and stupid movies and plenty of beer. Tonight we're going out for dinner and to a play. I'm actually going to take him to see the improvised Shakespeare that I saw a couple weeks ago, since he's taken improv classes in LA and I know he'd love it. So that's our night. Today with the doggie gone I'm going to get my laundry done and get all packed and knit knit knit without having to get up and down opening the door, throwing the ball, etc. I shall finish up the toe-up sock and cast on for the second so I can have a little project and then work on the X-back. I seriously doubt I can finish it but you never know.

Next blogs will most likely be from my phone so expect crappy pictures. Which could be a blessing - I don't know how clear I want pictures of me in a bathing suit all white skin.

No comments: