12 May, 2006

Friday at last!!

I have no idea why this week has just dragged by, but at last it's Friday. It took all my strength of will to get out of bed today since my good night's sleep was interrupted by a massive allergy attack at 12:30 am! I can't for the life of me figure out why that would happen, but I woke up with itchy eyes and totally plugged up. So it took a while for the Benedryl to kick in and for me to get back to sleep, then Tink decided that 6 am was THE perfect time to get up. Ah well .... I can sleep in tomorrow.

I've been invited to see an improv group Saturday night. Their "hook" is that they do their bits in a Shakespearean way. Now I must say quite honestly that this sounds like a one joke evening. I may have to pull a little acting job myself to look like I'm enjoying it. Or ... or maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised. Want to take bets?

My major knitting goals this weekend are, first and foremost, to sew the flower girl outfit together and get it out of my life!! Then I want to work on the shrug. I am on the boring just plain old stockinette for about 20 more inches, then the other cuff. I can't really work on my X-back until I finish this since it uses the same needles. Well I could, since I'm using Denise Needles, but I'd rather not. I am still just totally in love with the fabric that this Micro Cable produces. It is just begging to be a summer top. I got a link to this pattern from somebody's blog which I can't remember now. If I could get the gauge and the fabric isn't too firm, I think this would be really nice from that yarn. I will have some left over so I can see if I can get the right gauge.

And that's that. My toe up sock is just there whenever I have a second. I love that I can try it on and choose how tall I want the top. The second sock will be perfect since I'm using this first one to get the whole top up concept. And I swear I will never make another sock any other way, it's that cool and easy.

1 comment:

Sherrill said...

Toe up socks, eh? I have yet to give it a whorl. I have done two circ, two socks on two circs at one time, longer dbl pts, shorter dbl pts, knitting while I walked a tour of Ft. Worden bunkers, knitting socks while reading a book. I will have to try the toe up socks since you make it sound like such a wonderful method.

BTW, the Flower Girl outfit, from a pic on your blog is very adorable. I hope you are able to finish the seaming and get onto your other projects this weekend. I have a Side-Ribs Cardigan that is begging to be finished. Maybe Saturday will be a "total" day of knitting. Forget gardening for the day, even weekend. Plenty of time for that, right?

Have a fab time at the improv show. Sounds like a good time. Who knows, maybe they'll do bits of Shakespear in the buff. LOL Why I just thought of that, I have absolutely no clue.

Be on the look out by mid week for another package from me. I'm still ahead of the game by two weeks. Yeah!