09 May, 2006

Too many projects

I think that even if I didn't do anything but knit I would never be able to accomplish all that I want. For example, I ordered the pattern for Alchemy's Rock Star Cardigan. This is going to be a long project and quite frankly I don't know where I am going to put it in the queue. I don't know about this pattern though .... it was expensive, as patterns go, at over $9 PLUS the same amount for "shipping and handling". Puleeze ..... stick it in an envelope and charge me $9.50? But I wanted it. I've had my eye on this cardigan for months and I've found a yarn at Knitpicks, their Andean Silk that should sub quite nicely. There was no schematic with the pattern though. I thought that was odd and rather annoying. The measurements are strange. When you look at it, the front is very open and yet they say it's 36". I am wondering if they are suggesting that for a bust size and not indicating that it is the finished bust size. I guess I'll write the company after I check with Craftster and see if anyone has actually made it.

I didn't do much knitting last night. I picked my nephew up and took him to an appointment so that eats up much of my evening. Thankfully I've got my socks that I can toss in my purse and keep chugging away on. I love that about knitting socks, especially on two circulars. And I have decided that I like the toe-up method best of all. Now that I have the Turkish cast-on down there are no toes to graft or 3-needle bind off, just one little thread to weave in. That you can make them to fit perfectly. Also, you can get the length of the leg just where you want it. I keep ending up with lots of left over sock yarn. With the toe-up method I can use it up and make ankle socks for golf. Swweeeeet. Can't stand to have all those little left-overs hanging around and heaven knows we can't throw good yarn away!

I bought tickets to Zoo Tunes last night for a few of us to go see Shawn Colvin and Dar Williams. I haven't been to a Zoo Tunes concert for years. They end early but that's okay because most of them are on a weekday anyway. I saw Shawn Colvin at a Bumbershoot Concert a few years ago. She was in Memorial Stadium and was just blown away by the crowd she got. I really like her.

No comments: