15 May, 2006

Hot Hot Hot

It is supposed to get up to the mid-80s today! A bit odd for this time of year but I don't think anyone is going to be complaining much. Oh .. except me because my allergies are just awful!! I don't know why in the world they're so bad this year, but I am suffering and even though I took a pill this morning I'm still itchy and stuffy. Ick!!

I went out Saturday for dinner (nice little French restaurant at the Market) and then to an improv show. I wasn't looking forward to that but it ended up being hilarious! Instead of improv done in a Shakespearean way, as it was described to me, it was a company that improvised an entire play based on Shakespeare. For example, they used the two characters looking alike and getting mixed up. Well anyway ... it was very funny and I truly enjoyed it.

I didn't put the flower outfit together. I didn't do much knitting really. A bit on my sock and a good bit on the shrug. My nephew was over for dinner Friday night and we did a little drinkin' and it is not a good idea to mix knitting and drinking and we all know why from experience. Saturday I did manage to knit a bit on the shrug and a little more yesterday evening. I still have about 20 inches of stockinette to go though. I want to finish that up so I can get going on the X-back again. Hopefully I'll be able to finish it for the cruise.

I am waiting for that sock yarn still and as soon as it comes I'll be able to get my first package off to my Secret Pal. I want to get that off before my vacation. Speaking of which -- I bought some shorts this weekend and a little denim jacket. I wanted new sandals but honestly, I couldn't find a pair I liked! I found some that were okay, but nothing that I just HAD to have! That is not usual behavior for me, being such a shoe hound and all. I am going to have to go downtown next weekend where there is a bigger selection than at the mall.

No comments: