11 May, 2006

She is off and running!


Wow! My secret pal is going all out from the start!! Here I am sitting here still trying to decide what to include in my first goodie box for my spoilee and I've already received two things from my pal!! Yesterday I received the first of themed packages she intends to send, and oh is it fabulous! Honestly, the softest mohair I have ever had. It is gorgeous and oh so white. I have never even dared knit with white yarn. Also a pattern for a Rabbit Tracks scarf, the appropriate needles and a beautiful stitch marker. The card is very cool as well. I suspect that she made it, creative girl that she is. I am very very VERY lucky! Thanks Secret Pal, soooo much!!

It was just a good day yesterday. The weather was lovely and sunny and I had a gggrrreat run at lunchtime, like I had wings on my feet! This morning there are low clouds but we are promised sunshine by the afternoon and it's supposed to get progressively nicer through the weekend. Bonus! Pretty soon I'll put the table and chairs out on the deck and I can sit there and knit.

Last night I worked a bit on the shrug, coming along nicely and I am still SO in love with that Micro Cable. If I had all the time in the world I'd get some more to make a T-shirt. It would be cool. I'll see if I can fit it in. I bought some sock yarn for my secret pal and also bought a skein of the yarn I'm thinking of using for the Rock Star Cardigan. That way I can swatch from a single skein to see if I like the yarn, can get the gauge and, most importantly, think that I can make an entire sweater in a lace pattern. I am going to do a BIG swatch because if I commit to making this cardigan I want it to be Perfect because I know it's going to be quite the project. While I was watching "Lost" I worked a bit on my toe-up sock. Pretty soon I will be putting the ribbing on the cuff and casting on for the second one. This next one I'm going to cast on 10 or 12 stitches so the toe isn't so pointy. This first one I only cast on 8 and really, it doesn't look pointy on the foot, but off of it - well, it looks like an elf shoe!! I don't know why I thought I needed to make it so small but that's okay. Knit and learn, right?

No comments: