22 May, 2006

A big change in the weather

Wow! It's raining like crazy. In fact we had thunder yesterday and it came down in buckets! I'm really glad I got some help this weekend with my yard. With the forecast for rain most days this week I sure wouldn't have been able to do anything, then I'd have to wait an extra week because of vacation. So. Whew!

Yay! Vacation countdown -- This time next week I'll be getting ready to drive to the boat. Oh I just can't wait! I got my sister and I signed up for a couple of excursions. On Tuesday in San Diego we're going for a brewery tour and tasting. I can't remember the name of the brewery - San Marcos? - but they make a beer called "Arrogant Bastard" that is very tasty. Wednesday I didn't book anything for Catalina, but Thursday in Ensenada we're taking a winery tour. I know - weird - a winery tour in Mexico but hey ... it could be good and it beats the heck out of hanging around in a tourist town and there will be drinking! Of all the excursions we could have taken, you notice we took the only two that were primarily drinking and eating. We figured that we'd have the best chance of escaping children that way. Not that there's anything wrong with children, but on vacation .. other people's kids ... we want to avoid it.

I had a pretty low key weekend -- yes I am still chuffed about the carding at the liquor store. Can't help it. But other than that it was uneventful. I had a sore right arm and hand from this blasted repetitive stuff I'm doing with my computer mouse. I have a project that I really want to get buttoned up before I head out for vacation. I couldn't work in the garden with the guy I hired and I didn't want to do much knitting for fear of exacerbating the problem. I did, however, work a few rows of a swatch for the Rock Star Cardigan, having received a skein of Andean Silk. Oh and I just love the swatch and the yarn! I am still working out the kinks with the lace pattern. The selvedge is slip stitch and I haven't yet figured out what I'm doing that one side looks right and the other ... not. Plus I did a whole 20 rows (one repeat) and hadn't been slipping the YOs correctly, so I'm on the second 20 row repeat and I think I'm going to do a third or however many it takes until I can do the pattern without a mistake over the measly 27 stitches I've cast on. I've almost got it. When I get a good swatch I'll take a picture.

No comments: