25 July, 2006

Ahhhhhh .... clouds

Thank goodness, it has cooled down a bit! I even wore my bike jacket - unzipped, but it was on me. Tomorrow I'm going to an outdoor concert at 6 and I am hoping that it's not blazing hot because that would be pretty uncomfortable.

Tink has learned to use the Doggie Door! Wow! I gave up on trying to get her to use it last September, but yesterday I heard her little sharp "I want to go out" bark and she wasn't at the front door and she wasn't at the deck door, but she was sitting on the landing in front of the doggie door! I took off the metal cover and out she went with just the barest push. After that - she just pops out. She doesn't quite have the getting back in part down yet, though. It's probably because unless the lights are on downstairs she is pretty much jumping into darkness. I'm convinced now that she's going to get it, finally, which will be really nice.

All best intentions, but I didn't finish my cardigan after all. It dried nicely. I really like that Micro Cable - machine wash and lay it flat and it's dry in no time and the fabric has some drape and motion to it. It was just too hot to knit last night again. I did do a few rows on a ribbon shrug but nothing serious. Tonight I'm going to do the I-cord and get that button on so that my treat will be to swatch and maybe cast on for my brown "Green Gables". I can't wait! And I realized that the blue yarn my SP sent me with the ChicCami pattern goes perfectly with my light blue suit so I want to get that going too.

I'm tired. I'm so tired. I could sleep for days. I'll bet I could put my head down on my desk and nod off.

1 comment:

Sherrill said...

Shelley..wake up! Bonus for Tink and yahoo! for you, she's gonna be a big girl now!

Yes, toooooooo hottttt. I kept the AC off till 4:30 pm, 30 min. before Kev came home. Today it is off, but it's so nice with the clouds and the cool breeze.

Have fun at the concert and post some pics of the Something Red!