20 July, 2006

I must rant today

You know how there are things that are so annoying they are like fingernails on a blackboard? We all have them and mine (for today at least) is the sound of someone shuffling along in their flip-flops. This is an affectation that crosses all boundaries - no matter race, gender or sexual orientation, these slobs can't seem to muster the energy to lift their feet! And it's not about flip-flops. I have them, flat and high heeled, designer and discount. I wear them. It's just that certain type of person scuffing along like they're in bedroom slippers that I want to grab by the throat and yell, "Pick up your f***ing feet, moron!!"

Ah, better.

So I pretty much finished my "Something Red" cardigan last night! I got all the stitches picked up around the front, and learned something spectacular. This pattern has short rows along the back of the neck to shape the collar. It's really nice and I followed the directions closely which resulted in me finally getting the hang of hiding my wraps. It's much easier to figure out how to hide them with larger than size 2 needles. And the pattern had a little inset with explicit instructions, which I needed. When I got the ribbing 3/4" the pattern had you making a buttonhole, but my button is rather large so I decided to finish all the ribbing and then make a loop - either an I-cord or twisted cord. That will also allow me to place the button just where I want it. A couple more inches to go and I'll be done! Of course I won't be wearing it any time soon with this heat that is upon us.

And speaking of heat -- I love my dog. Everyone knows that, right? I LLLLLOOOOVE my Tinkerbell. But she is turning me into a crazy person. The poor little thing sleeps all day because of the heat. When I get home she takes her walk but not at her usual pace since it's right in the middle of the worst of the heat. She'll snooze again once we get home until 7 or so when it starts cooling down. And then .... she's awake! Woohoo! Wheeeee! I try to wear her out but it's practically impossible to do it in two or three hours, especially if I'm knitting. I played ball with her. I played fetch until she was not interested. But she was like Count Dracula last night -- I don't know when she slept. She was out in the front from 11 to about 12:30am when she started barking and I had to get her in. Oh and that's not an easy task, my friends. SHE wants to play, remember. I come out, stumbling and stupid with sleep and she plays chase. I had to bribe her with a goodie. I got her to settle down but it only lasted for less than an hour. I opened the door to the deck and let her sniff the air out there until I guess it was 3, when some wildlife got her barking again. AND sometime in the night she decided to have another go at my stash shelf! She takes the ball bands off but still, it's a mess. I think I'm going to have to get another one of the shelf units and stack it on top, use the bottom shelf for books or something.

No comments: