07 July, 2006

Late start

Gosh .. I turned off my alarm this morning when it went off at 6:30, like I usually do. What I don't usually do is fall back asleep until 8 am!! Yikes!! And it was one of those deep deep sleeps, with weird dreams. I don't know why I was so tired - I turned off the light last night before 11 and I got a great night's sleep, as in I didn't wake up to take an allergy pill for like the first time in days and days. But there I was stumbling around trying to get ready and having a hard time keeping my eyes open. But I made it here by 9, which is pretty darned good I think.

I had an early dinner last night at a neighborhood Thai restaurant that I hadn't tried before. It was nice, if a bit sterile. Food was good though. Then I got to work on my sock, which is a good TV watching project. I have 'Lost' episodes to finish watching. I got one done and still have a second sitting there like a piece of chocolate cake. ymmmmmm I am very disappointed in my second short row heel. I simply don't like the look of it, besides the fact that I screwed it up again. I wasn't clear on the whole wrap and turn concept and didn't realize that I had to wrap and turn again when I was increasing the stitch count. *sigh* So this second one instead of being better than the first is worse. I have a link to a heel flap, gusset done toe up that uses a third needle for a row and I'm going to give that a try next time (after I work on my Knitty project) because I just like the way a gusseted heel looks versus the short row one. It's tidier somehow.

So ... fairly busy weekend coming up. Out to Dad's tonight to cook for him. MUST clean house tomorrow, and then tomorrow night a girls night with my friend Ruth. Maybe dinner and a girlie movie. Sunday I must work in the yard some and I have to do birthday shopping for a birthday dinner Monday. When will I be able to squeeze in some knitting????? See? That's why I never get any yard work done!! Priorities, baby!

No comments: