10 July, 2006

I am SO sore!! And my Secret Pal strikes again!!

Wow, I had a fun fun fun weekend but I'm very sore today. Well, that just proves it, I guess!! Saturday I went with a friend to pick up a sailboat he had bought on Friday. It was on Vashon Island, just a short drive and a short ferry ride from Seattle. It was also the 89th Strawberry Festival and I was looking forward to buying some fresh strawberries and maybe some other goodies like honey or something. Well, unbeknownst to me they haven't grown strawberries commercially on that island for a long time so there were no strawberries to buy! Oh well, we got to watch a very funny little parade and eat pizza and that's just fine by me. As long as pizza is involved, I'm happy.

Saturday night was a girl's night - dinner and a movie. We saw "The Devil Wears Prada" which was really good! Except the theatre was so hot! I don't know why they didn't have the air conditioning on - it was brutal.

And so the reason I'm sore today is that Sunday we took the boat out and sailed it from the boat launch to his house on the lake. We took our time - I think we were out there for about 3 or 3 1/2 hours. I can still feel that rocking, actually. It was glorious! Perfect day for a sail and it didn't take us long to remember what to do. I hadn't been on a boat like that for I can't remember how long, but pretty soon we were switching sides with no problems. I'm covered in bruises and scrapes but it was so worth it.

And so with a weekend full of summertime fun there was very little knitting accomplished. I worked on my second sock on Friday and am almost at the ribbing part. Hopefully this coming weekend I can get the stuff and start fiddling with my Knitty idea. And ... AND my Secret Pal sent me yet another fabulous package that I received on Friday. It's the Green Gables pattern and some yummy chocolate brown cotton to make it, plus the needles as well and a nifty gauge measurer! Secret Pal you are too much!! Thanks SO much - I love it!!

No comments: