18 July, 2006

A will of iron!

How good am I? I'll tell you. Yesterday I didn't run -- pulled muscle -- so instead I walked up to the Ave to get a pair of running shorts and hey, I was that near to the LYS so why not stop in and get the needles I needed for my next SP package. And lo and behold there were three boxes of sale yarn sitting right outside, one of them comprising gorgeous silk ribbon in lovely colorways and nearly half price. I fondled it. I picked a color. I walked away, inside the store. I came back out. I fondled it. I. Walked. Away. Sure, it was lovely. But when I thought about what I could actually make out of it, the only thing is a scarf. It's ladder ribbon yarn and would be too garish for a garment. Whew. It was tough though. Instead I bought a button for my cardigan. I was going to go with either silver or black but came upon this beautiful teal dragonfly button and couldn't resist. I took it with my camera phone this morning and it's a little blurry but the detail is there. Nice, huh?

All good intentions last night of getting that sleeve done, or at least started, but I had gotten into a book and thought I'd just press on and finish that to give myself a clear road for the rest of the week. Unfortunately, the best laid plans ..... the phone rang, and then I got settled and somebody else wanted to borrow my car to move a piece of furniture and oh, could I watch the dog too? Not that I mind - I love having playmates for Tink. But one thing led to another and I didn't get the book finished. Tink is having her "spa day" and I'll most likely have to go pick her up around noon or 1, so I think I'll be naughty and go home afterwards and see if I can't get a few hours to myself to finish that book! [Okay, yes - I do have it pretty easy here at work right now, but I tell you ... just wait until September! It'll be ugly.]

1 comment:

Sherrill said...

Excellent button!