28 July, 2006

It's going to be a good day!

For those of you sweltering, I apologize. Today in Seattle it is overcast and barely 60 with the projected high today of 71 or so. As you may imagine, it's a sweet respite. I actually wore my jacket zipped up riding in this morning. And I'll be able to have my run this lunchtime without the heating sucking my energy. I have lovely raspberries to eat with my oatmeal for breakfast today. And, when I got to work the phone was in my left pocket and .... tada! my keys were in my right pocket! But these are not the reasons why it's a good day. That, my friends, has to do with the sport page. Oh yes yes yes ... the Seahawks open training camp this weekend and the poor Huskies had media day. Not that excited about the Huskies, although I am sure they will do better this year than last (how could they not?). It's just that football season is just around the corner! August 12 is the first pre-season game and from now on there will be more to read in the sports section than baseball. Ahhhhhhh ....

As for knitting news - not much today. I visited my Dad yesterday. It was his 78th birthday but he didn't want to go out! Nor did he want me to cook for him. But he was interested in fish and chips, so that's what he got. I spent a little time on the ribbon shrug and then at home took the evening off from knitting and read. I have yet to master the reading/knitting thing. I don't want to listen to books on tape, preferring my own little voice in my head. I can put books on my Palm Pilot for kind of hands-free reading but the screen is small. It would be too awkward to have my laptop on my lap while I knit. I tell you, somebody somewhere is going to make a bloody fortune when they come up with the solution to this problem. Yeah?

No comments: