19 July, 2006

Nnoooooooo!!!

No 'Lost' reruns tonight! Rats!!!! I have been loving having those recorded for knitting sessions. Especially now that it's going to be so amazingly hot. I'll be spending a lot of time downstairs in the coolness and now I'll have to watch movies. Oh well.

Last night I spent 4 hours on the cardigan and finished the second sleeve. Why does it take so long, I wonder? Must be the wrestling of the DPNs. No matter - it's all done now except for the picking up of 200 stitches to do the band. That'll be pretty fast after I get the stitches picked up of course. That's always a headache. I need to feel like I'm doing everything in my power to get those stitches picked up evenly, so it's a laborious process of measuring, placing pins, using math(!!) but I've been happy with the results each time and that's what counts, right? I want to be able to wear this masterpiece!

I have a new sweater obsession (what does that make now? I've lost count.) These "obsessions" are garments that I really really REALLY want to make. Like the Rock Star Cardigan. I have chosen the yarn, bought the pattern, swatched it and now must make a decision to commit myself to a difficult but potentially massively rewarding project. Some obsessions just fade away, replaced by the ever growing number of fun and easy projects that take up most evenings. For example the Lace Leaf Pullover from Loop-d-Loop. But I got an email from Berroco a couple days ago and just fell in love with this sweater. It's got to get in line.

Tink had a wonderful morning at the doggie spa (aka Krisiti's Grooming) yesterday. Now she's white again! That's not going to last long since her favorite place to lay is IN the dirt. As the temperature climbs she will be spending more and more time under the bed. We get to have Jasmine again for a couple nights and I'm looking forward to it.

No comments: