26 July, 2006

Oh this is soooo much better

Sorry to all you people out there still sweltering in the heat wave, but it has cooled down a bit here and we're lovin' it! Yesterday it stayed overcast all morning and in the evening it was cool enough for me to sit upstairs to read the paper, for a change. And today it's not cloudy (gorgeous, in fact) but not hot either. More seasonal, although it should be getting into the 80's later. That I don't mind. The 97 .... now that's a bit much.

My "Something Red" cardigan is all finished -- button and loop on. I did, however, put them on the wrong sides. No matter. I'm NOT taking them off, since I sewed both of them on very very securely. Quite frankly, I don't think I could take them off if I wanted to. If I were to make this again I would get a smaller button and put in a button hole. This button, while quite pretty, is a bit heavy for this garment. I was too lazy last night to take a picture with it on, but I'll try to do it this evening when I get back from the concert. This sweater actually looks pretty good on! Bonus, considering all of the garments I have made that I have either given away or which reside in the top of my closet. For example, I made the "Simply Marilyn" in Cashmerino Super Chunky --a gorgeous lavender, but it looks like crap on. I might just recycle that this fall. ANYway ... pictures tonight of a flattering garment! As I was saying to Nonnahs, the nice thing about this pattern is that it looked like it would cover the waistband pudge, and it does! Okay, I could lose 10 pounds or wear loose tops ... hmmmmmmm.

I was going to swatch for the "Green Gables" top last night but instead watched a movie (Failure to Launch) and did mindless knitting on the shrug I'm making out of the "Fringe" ribbon. That stuff -- the colorways are absolutely stunning, and it knits up light but warm. It's great for a shrug but it feels kind of weird. It's hard to explain but it's almost plastic feeling. I realize it's polyester ribbon but should it feel like plastic? Soft plastic, but still.

Tonight I'm going to an outdoor concert at the Zoo. Shawn Colvin with Dar Williams. I've never seen Dar Williams but I saw Shawn Colvin at Bumbershoot a few years ago and she was great! The only thing I don't like about outdoor concerts is sitting on the lawn without a little beach chair. You can't sprawl because, obviously, you can't see. So you've got to sit up and it makes my back sore. Oh lord ... it's that freakin' age thing. I guess it catches up to all of us, if we're lucky!

No comments: