14 July, 2006

Time = progress


Hoorah! I had all evening yesterday to work on my 'Something Red' cardigan and two episodes of 'Lost' to keep me company. I have about 2" left to go on the ribbing. Looking pretty good, I think. And I tried it on - one more thing I love about doing top downs. This is a wonderful pattern. The ribbing is set to start right under the breasts and gradually widens from k2p2 ribbing to k2p4, to give it some shape. The Micro Cable is a little heavy but with short sleeves it's going to be perfect to wear with a tank. Getting the perfect button is going to be fun. I am working from home today so just maybe I can get a head start and finish up the ribbing early enough to start a sleeve. Originally I was starting each new ball at the edge because it's slippery yarn and I was thinking that picking up the stitches for the ribbing around the front and neck would be extra insurance to keep the ends in. But for these last two balls I've just started where it ended and knit a few stitches double which should be just as good as far as keeping them from slipping out.

Here are pictures of the two yarns I got in the mail yesterday. Jam is described as a mohair but it has come looking more like eyelash yarn so rather than trim, which is probably what I was thinking of it for, it is more likely to be a scarf. The colors don't come out here so well but it's that lovely green that I love so much. The Fringe yarn is colorful ribbon with a frayed edge and I do definitely see it is a shrug. It's main colors are blue with green. It reminds me of water - tropical almost.

I will take a long lunch and hack away at my backyard for a bit before it gets too hot. That place is a jungle and I must get the blackberry bushes hacked back before they get real and more intimidating than they already are.

No comments: