21 July, 2006

More goodies from my Secret Pal!


Wow! Another great box of goodies from my sweet Secret Pal. This one has a great cami pattern from Chicknits, a beautiful blue cotton to make it and some wonderful gadgets we all use so often, PLUS (what, there's more??) a copy of "Wendy Knits" ! Yay! I started it last night before I went out. Looks good. I loved the last one she got me and devoured that in an evening. I'm looking forward to the cool of the evening and a good read today! Thanks Secret Pal! You are SUPER!!

And speaking of Secret Pals, I have to get another box off to mine. I have found that it is very easy to spoil this one and I keep getting stuff that *I* want! But I must be strong... and then go back to Amazon and buy a second copy for myself. Yesterday I got one of the Stichonary books from Vogue for her last package and woowee, it's fabulous! I hadn't looked into any of those before but this one on cables is awesome.

Didn't get the cardigan finished last night because it was pub night with my pals from work. We didn't go out, but went to one of the guys' house and had margaritas and food on the deck, which was nice and cool. Lucky for me it is walking distance and he has a dog, so I brought Tink and we're babysitting Jasmine again so all three dogs played and played and PLAYED and, *sigh* slept, which is more important. Ahhhhh ... I do feel rested today, thank goodness.

It's hot today and going to get hotter. Right now the furnace man is doing the annual maintenance and so the furnace is running! I want to yell at him, "Turn that thing off!!" Oh well, won't be long.

Happy weekend! And keep cooooooolllllll!

2 comments:

Sherrill said...

Shelley, it's so hot already that my five minute trip from Fred Meyer's to home started to melt my frozen yogurt...and I pulled it from the back of the store freezer. (sigh)

K said to turn the a/c, not a problem. Hope that furnace gets turned off soon. Have a fabulous weekend!

Tammy said...

What a super haul. Your SP rocks!!!!

Happy to hear you are having a great time this round.

I tried the 2 socks on 2 circs (toe up) and failed miserably, lol. Should have listened to your advice, live and learn. I'll give it a go again but only one sock this time.

Happy knitting,
Tammy