16 July, 2006

Sunday blog for a change


It's a gorgeous day. A little hot, actually. Too hot to work in the garden, thank goodness! My Secret Pal sent me a "Fill your bookshelf" gift that I received on Friday, so I think I'll take it easy this afternoon after a morning of errands and just read! Here's a picture - I think I'm going to love it!

One of my errands today was to find a shelf to organize my stash, which I did. Once I got it on the shelf, however, it seems a pathetic little stash compared to some of the photos I've seen on other blogs. No matter - It is filled with more projects than I could finish in months - lot of it thanks to my GREAT Secret Pal. The bins hold weird stuff - mystery yarn I bought on eBay before I knew Noro from Lorna's Laces, coned chenile (why oh why??), acrylic, several items in the midst of being recycled, etc. But the shelf is where the good stuff resides. I feel good about getting it organized, that's for sure. And it makes me smile when I walk into the room to see my embarrassment of riches, so to speak.

Friday night I got my 'Something Red' body finished, tucked in all the body ends and started on the sleeve, and by golly, finished one of them to boot! Unfortunately the body was knit on my Denise needles and I used bamboo for the sleeves. It is quite evident because the texture and tightness of weave are different. Oddly, the gauge doesn't seem off. It doesn't pucker like one would imagine it one were using smaller needles. I don't get it but I am not going to frog it. I will take a page from the programmers book and pretend it's supposed to be that way.

1 comment:

Sherrill said...

Lovin' the sweater. I really like the shorter sleeves and I think the ribbing is great the way it goes down. Which pattern was this, Shelley?

Good to see the book arrived. The postal svc. has been good to me when sending you goodies.

Do I see the patterns tucked under the yarns I sent you? Great idea if so.