05 July, 2006

Looking for an "ah ha" moment

Yesterday was the 4th and, true to form, it rained. Not only rained - thunder showers. I woke up early in the morning to the sound of rain and it hasn't rain in ages! But it was the 4th and that's what it always does here in Seattle. It wasn't so bad though. It was partly cloudy so the sun would peak out from time to time and by the time it was dark it had been dry for some time. I do imagine that quite a few of the folks who had staked out spots to watch the fireworks got soaked. I was not one of them. I had a less traditional 4th, spending it in the company of some fantastic Australian women. I took them to that funny bar I went to Sunday night to give them a taste of country music. I thought it would be interesting to them and we had a ball! Unfortunately it wasn't very busy, being a holiday. But they all got to dance and had a good time. Plus on the way home we saw the fireworks in the sky.

I am all keen to finish up my second Lorna's Laces sock and to that end got the heel done and now am just working on the leg portion. I am not any happier with my short row heel this time than I was the first. I seem to be missing some key bit of information as regards the old wrap and turn, because I ended up with holes and I was positive that I had it right this time! So while I love doing socks toe up I don't like the short row heel. The gusset one with the slipped heel flap just looks better to me. I did find directions for doing that toe up and unless I can find out what I'm doing wrong with the short row one I think I'm going to have to try this version next time. It just looks stupid having holes there plus you just know that it's going to wear out quickly. So I either need an "ah ha!" moment with regards to short rows or I'm going to give it up.

1 comment:

Sherrill said...

Sounds like you had a fun Fourth of July. Ours was quiet with the girls and I watching Memoirs of a Geisha. Good movie.

Package will go out tomorrow or Friday...not on schedule this week due to holiday and tons of kids stuff today. DD #1 failed her written on the driver license test...this may be a sign, what do you think?