12 July, 2006

Well finally!

Yay! I got to knit last night! Whew! I was getting a little .... itchy. I have lots and lots of 2 x 4 ribbing left to do on the Something Red cardigan, so that's what I worked on. I'd say about two more solid evenings and I should have that part knocked out, then the sleeves (which are going to be super quick since they're short) and finally the picking up of a huge number of stitches and doing the ribbing AND short rows around the collar. Yup -- I guess I have a good bit of work left on that beauty. But I have so many cool projects from my Secret Pal that I am most anxious to get finished with some things! [Do I even have to mention the X-back tank that's sitting in it's basket about 3/4 finished?] Every day since I've received it I coo over the box containing the 'Green Gables' pattern and the gorgeous brown yarn. "Some day soooooooon", I say as I caress the skeins.

Crappy weather is back to Seattle and as a result I had a good night's sleep last night. Tink only got me up once, if you don't count the 5:45 am barking incident. Must have been the newspaper. When the weather is warm the fan is going and the white noise drowns out those little noises that make her barky. Unfortunately, cooler weather means no fan and so for some reason lately she's taken to barking at the newspaper guy. Well, I'm assuming that's what it is. I can't hear it but she's got super keen hearing.

Well I am not sure if knitting is on my agenda for this evening. Plans are up in the air. I'm giving a campus tour to a friend this afternoon and don't know if it's going to spill over to dinner or not. Now here's a conundrum - how to have a rich and... ummm... satisfying social life and still have time to knit! Oh - okay, I should quit my job. Yup, that'd do it. [If only]

No comments: